Safe Urban Driving skills
To complement our cycle skills sessions, Cycle Enfield offers Safe Urban Driving training for professional drivers operating in Enfield.
Developed by Transport for London, this is an accredited Driver CPC course designed to promote the safety and sharing of roads with vulnerable road users in London with a particular focus on cyclists. Workshops are aimed at all drivers of vans and Large Goods Vehicles who operate in, or pass through Enfield.
Drivers will be taken out on bicycles as part of the course, which can also contribute a full day towards the 35 hours’ Driver CPC that professional drivers need. Attending a Safe Urban Driving course is a requirement for standards such as the Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS), Construction Logistics and Cyclist Safety (CLOCS) and Work Related Road Risk (WRRR).
The course is based on the following four subject areas:
- The changing streetscape
- Vulnerable road users
- Sharing the road safely
- Defensive driving techniques and collision avoidance
The specific objectives of the Safe Urban Driving course are:
- To increase driver understanding of the issues faced by vulnerable road users
- To improve driver attitudes to vulnerable road users
- To change driver behaviour and to give more consideration to the issues faced by vulnerable road users
- To ultimately reduce the number of collisions and incidents between Large Goods Vehicles and cyclists
Find upcoming course dates below or visit our cycle training provider's Safe Urban Driving pages for more information here: http://www.cycleconfident.com/sponsors/enfield/
There are no activities or events on this day.