Summer events wrap up
Thank you to everyone who has joined us at an event recently. We have enjoyed talking to people about active travel and cycling in Enfield! This year we ran or participated in the following events:
- Bush Hill Park Summer Fair – 7th July
- The Shires Fun Day in Craig Park – 8th August
- Cycle to Work Day – 8th August
- Albany Park Fun Day – 28th August
- A1010S launch – 31st August
- Palmers Green Festival – 1st September
- Interfaith bike ride – 8th September
- Freshers week; College of Harringay, Enfield and North East London – 11th September
- St Johns community event A10 – 12th September
- Palmers Green pop up parklet and play street – 15th September
- Car Free Day; Borough wide play streets –22nd September
A1010 South launch: Guided Cycle Lane Ride and Family Cycling Event
On Saturday 31st August we held the Guided Cycle Lane Ride and Family Cycling Event to celebrate our cycle lanes. There were four guided rides led by Cycle Confident, and Dr Bike, Beryl Bikes, Bikeworks, Stars & Stripes, Safer Transport Team Met Police, and the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation also joined us at the event. Thank you to the British Alevi Foundation for hosting the event at their community space. Below are some pictures from the day.
Palmers Green Festival
Cycle Enfield and Healthy Streets were at Palmers Green Festival on Sunday 1st September. We were joined by the Enfield Cycling Campaign, Beryl Bikes, Carry Me Bikes, Peddle My Wheels and Dr Bike. The Peddle My Wheels team said “A busy day with fourteen sold and seven brought in. Lots of interest in the market which was great.”
Review received from Peddle My Wheels:
Great service and made buying a second hand bike much easier than looking online. Good prices. You see the bikes they have and if you like what you see you can then buy. Shame there is not a branch nearer as we bought ours at a local park festival.
The Enfield Cycling Campaign also had a busy day with hundreds of people trying various cycles. They offered people the chance to try different types of cycles including cargo and e-cargo bikes, tandem bikes, balance bikes and Beryl bikes. They recorded 822 visitors and 472 rides on cycles.